Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Bird of a Feather Flock Together

Like many people, I enjoy a good scare now and then. Unlike many people, I don't go see a lot of movies, and I especially don't see a lot of today's horror movies.

However, I am in luck! My family is full of old people with old people tastes that tend toward old people movies, so early in life I got to watch Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds (also known as Alfred Hitchcock Flings Birds at Tippi Hedren) and see the eyeless face of a bird-murdered farmer and develop a healthy fear of birds on jungle gyms.


There's no soundtrack. This clip has schoolchildren singing a song, but aside from that, the main sounds are the flapping of wings as the birds come to peck out your eyes and stop you from dating Rod Taylor.  Perfect for a Halloween movie marathon! Or any movie marathon ever.

Buy through Best Buy for $12.99.

Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment