Tuesday, April 2, 2013

"Here the Frailest Leaves of Me"

There is a truth universally acknowledged: if Walt Whitman is there, I will show up for the party. But how can that be, you may wonder? He's been dead since 1892. Ladies and gents, this is how:


It's difficult to tell from that tiny picture, but what you see before you is a first edition of Leaves of Grass, that seminal text of American letters. This is a rare book indeed, and one treasured by generations of readers. You all remember how I feel about Whitman, I'm sure. If you've never read Leaves of Grass, get to it pronto, and I promise it'll unlock some of life's mysteries. And if you can afford it, snap this up now, and maybe send it my way, because this book is one of those I covet most.


Image via Bauman Rare Books.

-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment