Saturday, February 19, 2011

Minimalism

Awhile back, there was a contest over at Worth1000 for the best minimalist movie poster. Unfortunately, I don't remember how it came to my attention, but I do know that many of the entries left a huge impression on me, to the point where I wish these had been the actual posters for the films represented so I could order them and hang them on my wall. I mean, I'm sure any Luc Besson afficionado would love to have this hanging in the living room, right?


Tell me that isn't genius. 

But my personal favorite is the one dreamed up for Silence of the Lambs:


It's perfect, capturing both the unnerving discussions that pepper the film and Clarice's uncertainty in the presence of Hannibal Lecter. If only I could get my hands on either of these!

Check out the entire contest here. My honorable mentions go to the entries for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, E.T., Terminator, Zoolander, and Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief.

Images via Worth1000.

-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment