Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Stars Are Out Tonight

Last year, I very briefly mentioned the Jimmy Choo Candy clutch. Today, in honor of the glamfest that is the Academy Awards, I thought I would revisit that clutch a little more in-depth.


You see, I know that the Academy Awards are meant to be super-luxe and all that, and there's nothing wrong with that. In fact, I think it's nice that so many people have a specific reason to dress themselves up as much as possible. It's all so glamorous! But I also feel that one needs a fun touch from time to time, and rather than coming across as severely austere, why not add this cute, bold touch to your outfit? It would pair well with a white dress, a la Courtney Love's amazing gown from the 1997 ceremony, or perhaps even Julia Roberts' black and white vintage Valentino from 2001. At the very least, you could carry it to an after-party, right? That's where the real celebration happens, anyway!


Image via Net-a-Porter.

-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment