Thursday, February 10, 2011

"This Is the Motor City. And This Is What We Do."

Although there was a great deal of buzz about this earlier in the week, I still want to share with you one of the best commercials I've ever seen. Of course, I'm pretty biased, being from the city in question, but really what it comes down to is the spirit embodied in said city, something that people--especially those who've never lived there--love to call into question. "They're too violent," they say, or maybe, "They're too self-destructive."

If that were the case, we wouldn't be here anymore. Rather, we're fighters, a microcosm of the American ethos as a whole, something that's brought to the fore here:



I'm always proud to tell people where I came from. And obviously I'm not the only one. On behalf of all of us, I'd like to request that you never write us off. We always find our way. After all, the city's motto is Speramus meliora; resurget cineribus.

Translation? We hope for better things; it will rise from the ashes.

And you'd better believe it.

-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment