Monday, April 18, 2011

A Leg Up

I love shoe days at What We Covet. They allow me to share unusual, beautiful, and interesting footwear with you. Today, I want you to see the Christian Louboutin Bibi platform pumps, because they are the most intriguing shoes I've seen in quite some time:


At first glance, I thought the material was snake, but I quickly realized that that wasn't quite right somehow. So I looked again, and the only thing I could imagine it might be was dinosaur hide, which clearly isn't an option. (Although given that it's Louboutin we're talking about, anything might be possible.) Rather, these shoes are made of ostrich. Ostrich legs, to be precise. 

Now, I can't really say that I'm in love with ostrich legs as a material. But I do appreciate the imagination and craftsmanship required to create such a look. What do you think?


Image via Christian Louboutin.

-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment