Thursday, March 29, 2012

DRAGONS

It's been a while since I coveted a book, so here, have four.

Here we have the Enchanted Forest Chronicles, the chronicles of the Enchanted Forest. My fondest memories are of the first one, Dealing with Dragons; I checked it out of the elementary school library innumerable times (with much better cover art--here), and I think that explains a lot about me.

Dealing with Dragons is about Princess Cimorene, who would rather fence and do magic than curtsy and scream. So she runs off to become a dragon's princess. (It's a status symbol for a dragon to have a princess, you see.) She has a few adventures with some wizards and some fairy tale tropes and a very un-dragon-like dragon, and she doesn't really live happily ever after because her life keeps happening in the rest of the books, even as the protagonists are all different. But you'll find out at the end.

I love these books so much that I give them to people as gifts. It's all part of my evil plan to turn some of my friends' as yet un-twinkled children into book-readers.

Buy the box set through Barnes & Noble for $21.55.

Image via the same.

Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment