Wednesday, December 12, 2012

"Who Could That Be at This Hour?"

--is the title of Lemony Snicket's latest book. I only learned of its existence a few days ago, as I was listening to NPR like an adult. (Actually, the only consistently available stations in this area only offer NPR, country music, surprising racism, and classic rock intermingled with reports of my university's poor sports games. NPR is usually my first choice.)


At any rate, Daniel Handler, which is either Snicket's real name or the pseudonym he has taken to confuse us all, was on air talking about his new noir novel for children, explaining how he had sorted out the problems of the femme fatale and using words like "roadster." I was delighted, looked it up, and added it to my ever-lengthening list of books I need to read. And now, you can too! Unless you don't like noir. That's okay.


Image via the same.

Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment