Sunday, April 11, 2010

Hold Me Closer

Awhile back, I was watching a great deal of Sex and the City. And I kept seeing Carrie walk around with these fantastic oversized clutches, such as the one seen here in the movie. Of course I wanted one, because they were so sleek and chic. But apparently they are not so easily had. In fact, I have never seen a single one as large as Carrie's. But there are many other clutch options.

In general, I prefer larger bags, partly because I wear glasses and like to have my sunglasses on hand, and partly because I like to keep a notebook around at all times. Sure, Judith Leiber's minaudieres are stunning, but they are completely impractical, and also very expensive. In fact, it seems to be the smallest clutches that are the coolest ones; for example, this Jimmy Choo clutch. Oftentimes, the bigger clutches cost too much, like the fantastic Alexa Clutch in leopard-print from Mulberry, or the one that really makes me drool, the Kristin Embossed Exotic Clutch from Coach.

I found two that I particularly like that are more or less large enough for me. The first is the Zee Zee Top Zelda Clutch from Christian Audigier. While I realize that this is the man who brought Ed Hardy to the world, I am also terribly fond of the zipper detailing. The bag is exactly my style--a little classy, a little punk. In fact, I was even lucky enough to find it on sale at TJ Maxx not once but twice; however, I passed it up both times because I wasn't willing to spend the money on it, even at such a significant discount (about 40% off). After all, it wouldn't be my everyday bag.

The second is from MICHAEL Michael Kors. And it is fantastic. I love it in the blush metallic. It has clean lines. It's spacious. And, let's face it: it's from Michael Kors. He's my favorite designer. And it would be so versatile. But it is cost-prohibitive, as well, which just breaks my heart. But I will continue to dream of it.

Buy through Nordstrom for $198.00.

-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment