Monday, June 27, 2011

Foot Tan Lines

Cate loves flip-flops that cost $3.50. My tastes are a little more expensive.

I prefer Rainbow Sandals. Fancy-schmancy leather flip-flops that can cost upwards of forty dollars.

Luckily for me, they last for years. I got my first pair of Rainbows, brown premier leather, when I was in high school, and I wore them all the time in all conditions through college. They mold to your feet and provide arch support, so thus far I haven't had any foot problems.* Before I decided the holes in them were big enough, I acquired another pair, smooth leather on clearance at a small shoe store.

Finally, after I graduated from college, when there were holes in both flip-flops, and I knew it was time to say good-bye, I retired my first pair and started wearing my smooth leather, double-layer pair full-time.

So far, the top layer of this pair is slowly coming off, but that's all. I expect them to serve me well until I find another pair on sale or clearance. And after! My hope is to get another single-layer premier leather pair, like my very first. Am I a sucker? Maybe, but I'm a happy one!

Buy your own premier leather, single-layer Rainbows in a color of your choice through Rainbow Sandals for $46.00. You could also choose a different sandal. I'm just sharing.

Sunshine and sand,

Maureen

*Ignoring that my feet are a problem all on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment