Thursday, November 3, 2011

Floppius Discus

If you were born after, say, 1994, don't pay this post any mind. You won't understand why I like this little spiral-bound journal so much.


It's made out of a 5.25-inch floppy disk! I can't say I really long for the days of the floppy disk. There are times when I fondly recall how handy they were. Once, Santa Claus stuffed my stocking with a super handy case for 3.5-inch floppies. It got a lot of use until I got my first flash drive.

I like this little notebook. This way I could use a floppy disk to keep track of things I write, just like I did in the fifth grade! Of course I primarily used 3.5-inch floppies. Not the point. This is a little more obscure. Kids these days won't have the first idea what it is. I recognize that I am coming dangerously close to sounding like a hipster. At least I don't wear skinny jeans.


Image via Etsy.

Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment