Thursday, November 10, 2011

The What We Covet Holiday Gift Guide 2011, Part 4: The Gamer

The fact of the matter is, if you have a friend who is a gamer, your friend will probably find ways to finance the habit without your help. A GameStop gift card might not go amiss.

But gift cards are impersonal. They say, "I know this one thing about you. Make sure you have a couple extra dollars. I'm going to pay for most of your next game."

There are some gifts, however, that say, "I know this one thing about you, and I did a little research, and because you probably have very specific tastes I'm getting you this instead of a game or something."


This joystick can help your gamer friend recreate the experience of playing Atari or arcade games from the comfort of a cheap Wal-Mart office chair! How cool is that? It's really cool. Trust me.

The joystick is also hackable, if your gamer friend is into adding buttons. Me, I'd just leave it be and play with the one button it has. But it gives your gamer friend options--button options, game options, USB port options!

One could also ask one's gamer friend what would be best. But Pac-Man is a ton of fun.


Image via ThinkGeek.

Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment