Thursday, November 24, 2011

The What We Covet Holiday Gift Guide 2011, Part 14: The Injury-Prone

You may feel free to read that as "The Maureen." As Cate and my former roommate Holly can tell you, I get hurt a lot. And when I've cut my foot open while shaving my legs or had my toes gouged open by sharp dog claws, there is nothing I like better than an entertaining adhesive bandage.

Sometimes when you misjudge how close your thumb is to a table saw, it really does look like a crime scene, right? Give a thoughtful stocking-stuffer to the unlucky carpenter in your life!

Or if you have a friend you don't particularly like, give them a box of pirate bandages, adorned with the skull and crossbones. They will have no choice but to contemplate their own mortality as they dress their wounds.

And, of course, there is no minor cut or scrape that bacon won't improve.

Not to mention, all these bandages come with a free prize, for extra pain-fighting power!

Each the bandages above can be purchased through Archie McPhee for a mere $4.95!

Images via Archie McPhee.

Maureen

PS Today is Thanksgiving in the United States! We all have a lot to be thankful for. I am thankful for honey buns, my family, electricity, and needle threaders. I hope you have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment