Thursday, January 26, 2012

"I just want to start a flame in your heart."

I've told you all before about my fondness for the Fallout series of games. I've played the first three and completed the first two. I still have yet to play an evil character in any of them. It will be the ultimate challenge--I just can't bring myself to join the slavers or kill children. (Even if The Den is full of snot-nosed little thieves.)

In addition to a great gameplay experience, Fallout brings you a little something else: music. I was first introduced to The Ink Spots by Fallout. The theme tune for Fallout is the song "Maybe."


Fallout 2 features Louis Armstrong's "A Kiss to Build a Dream On," to which I did not need an introduction (we were acquainted previously), but it's worth including, because I like it.


Fallout 3 brings us back to The Ink Spots with "I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire." But there's more! With the game's addition of a radio, the soundtrack now features the Andrews Sisters, Cole Porter, Bach, Billie Holiday, and many more.

So today I covet the games I can't play and the games that have brought music to people who didn't realize they could like it.

And you can download Fallout and Fallout 2 for the shockingly reasonable price of $6.00 each at Good Old Games. But I'll save the coveting of GOG for another day.

Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment