Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Playlists Are for Suckers--Child Gladiators Are for Winners!

I don't spend nearly as much time as Cate does thinking about music. I enjoy music, I have opinions about music, and I act as referee and postal service when my brother wants me to tell Cate how misguided her fondness for STP is and she in turn accuses him of being a Pearl Jam fan. [Ed: I did not accuse. I asked for clarification purposes. He is not, in fact, a Pearl Jam fan. -Cate-]

However, here's a song that will make for a segue.


"Heavens, Maureen," you're thinking, "this is not Taylor Swift's best work. In fact, I am probably not even a fan of Taylor Swift."

Well, allow me to point out to you the science-defying jay-mockingbird hybrid and the words "The Hunger Games" in the video. Yes! This is a song that will appear, preferably in the credits, in the upcoming film The Hunger Games. You are aware that I enjoyed the books. You may not be aware that Cate did as well.

Now we are very excited indeed to see Mystique (that is, cough, Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen) do some killing. And in North Carolina! It makes me feel like my state is useful for more than pine trees and hogs and being South Carolina's sorely misrepresented hat.

And let's not forget about The Civil Wars. They're on that track, too. Taylor Swift is just a bigger name. Maybe you should look them up as well.

May the odds be ever in your favor!

Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment