Friday, April 20, 2012

Chia Obama

My brother, being older and thus infinitely wiser than I, somehow knows exactly what to give me for holidays? Like one time he got me tickets to a David Bowie concert, which was pretty genius. Oh, and there was the time he gave me a Yuengling on my birthday, though that wasn't strictly a gift. And then last Christmas he reached the pinnacle of his genius, maybe with a little help from his wife: he gave me an Obama Chia Pet.


If that doesn't make you want to run out and buy one for yourself right now, I don't know what will.

Unfortunately, since I have no horticultural skills whatsoever, Chia Obama is not flourishing under my guidance. He has a bald spot, and possibly a wasting disease, but he amuses me, so I think I'll let him stick around. Besides, Chia Obama comes with enough seeds for three plantings, so if I fail this time, I can always try again. Wouldn't you like to try it out, too?

Buy through Chia for $19.95.

Image via my kitchen.

-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment