Friday, April 27, 2012

Orange You Glad?

Gentle readers, I find myself facing a dilemma, brought on by a recent perusal of Net-a-Porter. As it turns out, I'm growing quite fond of Victoria Beckham's namesake fashion line. On the surface, this doesn't seem problematic, I'm sure. But we're talking about a woman who finds it difficult to smile under any circumstances, even during such a joyous occasion as the royal wedding. Let it be known that I have trouble trusting anyone who can't allow herself to at least feign happiness on the Greatest Day Ever (NO I WILL NOT LET IT GO THANK YOU VERY MUCH).

And yet. There's this, from her handbag line:


A simple leather clutch in the most fantastic shade of orange. It makes me want to smile, even if Poshy resists the temptation herself. Of course, at that price, it's a moot point--sheer covetousness on my part, and barely a drop in the bucket for the wife of Mr. I-Have-Trouble-Keeping-Myself-Fully-Clothed. After all, she has what might be the most enviable collection of Birkins and Kellys on the planet (and, for the record, what you see at that link doesn't even cover the bulk of her Hermès bags). 

I suppose I'll have to separate the lady from her works in this case and focus on the exquisite lines of Beckham's fashion rather than the harsh line of her mouth.


Image via Net-a-Porter.

-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment