Sunday, March 13, 2011

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

I have never actually tried to catch them all. It's a lot of effort, and far too much when the only person you can trade with is your little brother.

However, I do like to collect them, which is why I am really, really excited for the new Pokémon games, Black and White. I am also excited because of various updates to the games. Now the world is supposed to be 3D, rather than the 2D it has been forever, the Pokémon themselves move during battle, and there is a new fire/psychic type Pokémon that is available through April 10. If you want Victini, go go go!

I'm a big fan of fire types, and the only reason I don't have more psychic types in my teams is that Abra is so darn hard to catch. You need a quick claw and a pokemon with Mean Look, and it's just frustrating sometimes. So I'm pretty interested in getting Victini for myself.

But you might not know what I am talking about. This is a description of basically all Pokémon games. A child, probably around ten years old, gets his or her first Pokémon and goes off on an adventure, training and catching Pokémon and battling with gym leaders to earn badges, and eventually making it all the way to the Elite Four and the Pokémon League Champion! Also, there is Team Rocket or a Team Rocket-like group along the way, using Pokémon for dastardly deeds and being mean. The player character usually takes care of that, too.

If you like, you can imagine a happy world where Pokémon frolic happily in the grass, or you can imagine one where all Pokémon are fearsome wild creatures who will tear people apart without trained Pokémon to take them down.

Buy through GameStop for $34.99.

We hope to see you again!
Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment