Saturday, March 19, 2011

Wormholes!

If you are around me enough, you will be present one day when I hurt myself. And when I do stub my toe or punch myself in the face or sneeze into the arm of a couch, I will probably say things like "heck," "dang," or "frell."

"What's this?" you think. "One of these things is not like the others."

That's because "frell" is a sci-fi swear. Most people you hear will say "frak," from Battlestar Galactica. I never watched BSG, so I am not one of those people. I watched Farscape.

The main character of Farscape is John Crichton, an astronaut who found one of those mythical wormholes we hear so much about and went through it. The other side of the wormhole was where all his adventures began, with aliens and living ships and traveling through space. It was a lot of fun, and one of my first introductions to science fiction, until it got canceled.

That happens a lot, apparently.

But anyway, now we can see what was! The complete series is available on DVD through Best Buy for $99.99.

xoxo,
Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment