Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sealed with a Fit of the Vapors

Every so often I like to pull out my fountain pen and write a letter. I write to my family, my friends, people who don't exist, and people who do exist who aren't my friends yet. My favorite part of sending letters is the smug feeling I get when I do it, but my second-favorite is sticking on the stamp.

The United States Postal Service offers a wide variety of stamps, and I want most of them. Today, however, I will discuss just the one that I mentioned briefly last week.


Gregory Peck as Atticus Finch is on a postage stamp.

Not only is Gregory Peck extremely attractive, but Atticus Finch is one of the greatest heroes of American film. I don't know if there are any lists of heroes of American literature, but if there are, he's probably on there, too. They just couldn't really put Atticus Finch on a postage stamp until Gregory Peck portrayed him.


Image via the Postal Store.

Yours faithfully,

Maureen

1 comment: