Saturday, February 25, 2012

People We Covet: Robert Louis Stevenson

Wait, you mean I can't just leave it at that?

Well, this is Robert Louis Stevenson, one of my favorite writers. One of everyone's favorite writers, I assume. I mean, this man single-handedly invented our current perception of pirates. Parrots and peg-legs and adventure!

He didn't just write Treasure Island, though. He has many other novels and things under his belt, as well as poetry. I'm not remotely familiar with all of Stevenson's work, but that is because of my short attention span, not his skill.

Also, as you can see, he is writing on paper with a pen. I swear I do some things because they make me feel like Robert Louis Stevenson. "Why are you reading by lamplight?" It makes me feel like Robert Louis Stevenson. "Why are using a messy pen?" It makes me feel like Robert Louis Stevenson. "Why are you giving the camera that look?"It makes me feel like Robert Louis Stevenson. And that is enough.

Picture via here.

Ever your covetous friend,

Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment