Monday, February 13, 2012

Shaken, not Stirred

Maybe this isn't the kind of thing you should tell people on the Internet, but I have an addiction. It's a long-standing one--started in high school--and it's even worse than my dependence upon matryoshka. Yes, gentle readers, I am hooked on birds. 

I'm not a birder by any means, partly because I'm not that motivated, and partly because the two main sources of avian pleasure for me are flamingos and penguins. Pretty much any item shaped like or branded with one of those two birds will catch my attention. (In fact, there are several flamingos lurking about my apartment as we speak. Plush, not real, which is kind of a shame.) So of course I'm lusting after this penguin cocktail shaker:


Seriously, guys, I'm dying here--it's too perfect, like half 1960s, half The Wrong Trousers, and 100 percent whimsy. If I had more parties (or, you know, ANY parties), I do believe I'd use this at all of them, if only as decoration. After all, if nothing else, it's a great conversation piece!


Image via Barnes and Noble.

-Cate-

PS Speaking of penguins, how much do I want this to happen to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment