Monday, July 23, 2012

Hardware Woes

Picture this: it's late May. I'm about to go to my friend's house. I haven't seen her in years, and I'm cranked up because the hardware on my shoes doesn't match the hardware on my handbag--I'm really that shallow, kids--when I realize there must be a blog post in this somewhere.

For the most part, I stick with silver or gunmetal hardware. From time to time, I go for brass or gold, though, if I really love the bag in question. But in this case, I wondered if the best solution might be a bag with the least hardware possible, so I don't have to worry about clashing with myself. Hence the Art Noir Small Karen from kate spade:


Of course, the pattern itself presents a problem--you'd likely need to carry this when wearing solid colors--but the lack of hardware is helpful if you have coordination problems like me. kate spade generally uses pale gold hardware, which, in certain lights, appears almost silver. And owning a similar bag from them myself (the Stevie, which is a less streamlined version of the Karen), I can tell you that this is a spacious model, great for days in the office or weekend trips. 


Image via kate spade.

-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment