Tuesday, July 10, 2012

There's a Pun about Faulkner and Falconry in Here Somewhere

The last time I talked about pens, I coveted Noodler's Ahab flex pen, an inexpensive one with a flexible nib.  I still want one of those, but every once in a while, I let myself drool over the more expensive pens.

I have no business using a flex pen anyway, but that didn't stop me from watching Brian Goulet's first impressions of a Namiki Falcon and longing for one:


Look at that line variation!  (He begins writing about 11:00.)  Oh my word.  Can you imagine writing a letter to the editor or fancy-pants postcard to a friend with this?

Of course, if I were at all good at penmanship, I would want a pen with even more flex, but this is what I'll dream of for now.  Stay tuned for a stub or italic nib--those add some fun to your writing without your having to do work.  I'll find one to covet.

Buy the Namiki Falcon for through the Goulet Pen Company for $144.00.

Best wishes!

Maureen


No comments:

Post a Comment