Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Fine Art

I feel that in many cases art is best appreciated in silence. Gaze, then, upon this image for a few moments:


Yes, that is Bea Arthur wrestling a dinosaur.

Brandon Bird does not only paint Bea Arthur wrestling extinct animals. He also paints Abraham Lincolon, actors, cartoon characters, and whatever else he feels like painting or is paid to paint.

Bird's unusual paintings are a delight for me. My older brother gave me a print of Elysium a while ago, and I have been hooked ever since. If my friends don't watch out, they will receive Special Valentine Unit cards from me next February.

What more can I say? Go check out the rest of Brandon Bird's art at his web site.

And you can buy your very own print of Killing Machine for $20-$65. What a bargain!

Hugs,

Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment