Monday, September 5, 2011

"It's, like, a Totally Important Designer"

We all know I love wildly impractical shoes, right? Right. And far be it from me to give up that streak. Ladies and gentlemen, the Azzedine Alaïa Zebra Print Fur Shoe Boot:


There is nothing even remotely tame about this bootie, and that's why I'm so drawn to it. It's like Alaïa said, "How many outrageous things can I do here?" AND THEN HE DID THEM ALL. Fur? Check. Animal print? Check. Platform? Check. Obvious nod to the 1990s? Check. Disregard for Anna Wintour? Check. So I bow down to the master and weep at the sight of his awe-inspiring work.


Image via Farfetch.

-Cate-

PS In other news, all you children of the '90s know Alaïa whether you realize it or not. For proof, start watching this video at the 0:19 mark and it will all come flooding back. (Watch the entire video for a really good time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment