Thursday, October 6, 2011

All Hallows' Eve

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. For one, it's a sign of real perseverance. It's not a federal holiday, and yet it is celebrated every year. In fact, one could even say it's a sign of unity. I don't know much about Halloween traditions in other countries, but in the US, people all across the country put up decorations and hand out candy just because it's October 31. There's no official day off to remind you. No one makes a long weekend out of it. It is the end of October and we give children candy because we are Americans!

Some people don't. But we aren't going to talk about them.

I love Halloween candy. I'm sure pumpkin-shaped Reese's Cups are a rip-off. I know those weird circus peanut things are terrible. But I love pumpkin-shaped Reese's Cups, and I love candy corn, and I love those frightening motion-sensing hands in candy bowls.

The Travel Channel is doing a big month-long ghost story thing. I love ghost shows. They're everywhere for October, and I couldn't be happier or more scared. I probably won't watch any scary movies, but haunting reenactments? Sure.

I am so excited. I was excited in September.

Trick or treat!

Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment