Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Lizard's Leg and Howlet's Wing

For those of us who don't like candy or Disney Channel Original Movies, there is always theater!

William Shakespeare's Macbeth is perfect for Halloween. Witches, betrayal, murder, and ghosts abound in this play. True, I do not advocate betraying and murdering one's friends and kings on this most special of days. So the stories will do, I think.

You might do well to find a movie version to watch. I seem to recall once that in high school English, we watched a movie where a character's severed head rolled around for a fair while before stopping. That's sufficiently gory for Halloween, don't you think?

I don't want to ruin the play for you, even though you should know how it ends, so go see it (I hope there is a community theater in you area putting it on!) or read it or rent a movie. Get your friends together and act it out! You can practice your death cries for the haunted house I am sure you are going to run later because you love Halloween as much as I do.

Maureen

No comments:

Post a Comment