Monday, October 3, 2011

Bubbling Up

So, apparently gurgling fish-shaped jugs are a thing? Particularly in the United Kingdom, where--allegedly--they are a common household item. I'm sad to report that I have never seen one of these Stateside, but I did find one in a catalog once, and it looked something like this:


The color alone caught my eye--isn't that a wonderful cobalt blue? And the design itself interests even me, a girl who has very little desire to decorate her home with fish-shaped things. The cool part is that (as I understand it) air gets trapped in the tail when you fill this jug up with water, and as a result, a gurgling sound can be heard as you pour the water out, making this piece of pottery pretty AND amusing. What could be better?


Image via Gluggle.

-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment