Monday, October 17, 2011

I Have a Theory

Ladies and gentlemen, this theyskens' theory wedge is the kind of shoe that makes me want to keep blogging:


Just look at how brilliant it is: the material fades from patent leather to nubuck. Basically, this is a classic degrade turned on its head. I've never seen anything so fascinating on a shoe before, and I truly mean that. In fact, the first time I saw it, my jaw literally dropped. And in that moment, Olivier Theyskens helped revive my dedication to blogging, because I know that if I look long enough, I will find things worth sharing with my readers, if not for their usefulness or accessibility, then at least for their aesthetic value.


Image via Barney's New York.

-Cate-

PS After much deliberation, I've decided to fold Food We Covet into What We Covet. 42 posts from that blog have been imported into this one and can be found via the tag Food We Covet. In the future, new Food We Covet entries can be found here at What We Covet; they will appear occasionally as special editions. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment