Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fried Shrimp, Grilled Shrimp, Teriyaki Shrimp--That's About It

I have four employees to my name along with a few surrogates, and I have committed to making dinner for them once a month. Sometimes it's a challenge, figuring out what to make. I try to consult with them before planning a meal so that I don't run into any problems with allergies or preferences. This time around, it was pretty easy: they wanted teriyaki shrimp, and they wanted it now.

Actually, that's not exactly how it went. We sat down with some cookbooks and brainstormed a little bit, and then came to a conclusion. And the result was pretty delicious, really. 

First, I thawed some pre-cooked, deveined shrimp. Then I steamed up some frozen broccoli. Once everything was good and ready, I threw it into a frying pan with some Kikkoman teriyaki sauce (which is simple, yet very tasty) and topped it off with sesame seeds, like this:


The end result is not particularly complex, but it is certainly satisfying. I paired it with my own fried rice (the recipe for which I'll be sharing with you next week). I highly recommend this as an easy way to bring some fun to the table!

-Cate-

PS I wrote about a set of dishes over at What We Covet today. Please check it out! You might find that they're good for serving some of this food I've been cooking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment