Saturday, November 13, 2010

The What We Covet Holiday Gift Guide, Part 1: The History Buff

As of today, we have almost a month and a half left until Christmas, and only about two weeks until the start of Hanukkah. But have no fear; I'm here to help you with my handy-dandy Holiday Gift Guide! (Be warned--this post is long, but it could prove helpful to you!)

There will be one post  per day for the next twelve days, and each time, I'll share a single item geared toward a specific segment of the population. Perhaps these won't suit your needs, but I hope that they will at least serve as springboards for your holiday search! Today, we start with one of my favorite types of people, the history buff.

Personally, I'm fascinated by the American Revolution, and I really love the History Channel. When these two things come together, I love every second of it. So here we have the 2-disc Founding Brothers DVD set:


Based on the Pulitzer Prize-winning book of the same name by Joseph J. Ellis (who, as it happens, wrote a damn good biography of George Washington), this set covers some of the most pivotal moments in the founding of America, including that most unfortunate of duels between Burr and Hamilton. Best of all, it's reasonably priced, so giving the gift of history won't set you back like, say, an antique would.

Buy through the History Channel's store for $39.95.

Image via history.com.

-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment