Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Kangaroos Don't Have Pouches like This

Okay, so, the thing is, everyone in the whole wide world is in love with the Proenza Schouler PS1 bag. And I do mean everyone. Even if you've never seen it, trust me--you'll fall in love, too, because this particular handbag has magical powers or something crazy like that. 

Me, I don't love it. 

"Blasphemy!" you might shout. 

On the contrary, it is not. Because I DO love the PS1 Pouchette, and very much so. Witness the beauty:


The thing is, I'm not usually a fan of exotics, but somehow, the PS1 is the perfect piece in python: large swaths of skin, allowed to show off their natural beauty without too much interference. It's just genius. 

Ultimately, I prefer the yellow leather version, which is so sunshiny I can hardly believe my eyes, but I want it. Desperately.

(Also, on a side note, I still have a soft spot for Proenza Schouler's collection for Target; at one point, I owned two pieces from it, and kind of regret giving them away.)

Buy the yellow leather PS1 Pouchette (not pictured) through Barney's New York for $895.00.

Buy the python PS1 Pouchette (pictured) through Net-a-Porter for $1735.00.

Image via Net-a-Porter.

-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment