Friday, January 21, 2011

When Dinosaurs Ruled Your Ears

Somewhere in this world, I have a Brontosaurus necklace. Actually, it's probably a Brachiosaurus, as far as that goes, but that is so not the point. Rather, we should be focusing on the fact that this is a post about dinosaur jewelry, and I think that will excite everyone. (Maureen will be especially thrilled, as she was the first to post about dinosaurs on this blog.) So, in the absence of my necklace, I bring you the Allosaurus Earrings from ModCloth:



The Allosaurus was kind of like a baby T. Rex (they were both theropods) and, if these earrings are to be believed, pretty fangy. You can use these to scare kids at Halloween or impress your more nerd-minded friends. Either way, I think they're a great addition to any jewelry wardrobe!

Buy through ModCloth for $14.99.

Image via ModCloth.

-Cate-

2 comments:

  1. Actually, I believe the naming controversy is over the apatosaurus, but your necklace is still a long-necked sauropod, right? Right.

    And yes, these earrings are fantastic. I already have some T-rex and apatobrontosaurus earbobs. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the naming controversy is about the Apatosaurus/Brontosaurus. My point is that I have a hard time telling the Brontosaurus from the Brachiosaurus unless I see them side-by-side.

    I will have to find my questionably-named necklace and show it to you someday.

    ReplyDelete