Monday, January 17, 2011

Not-So-Lame Lamé

Hello, all! I'm back in action and happy to be thus. Maureen has been faithfully running the joint--and very competently, as well--and I thank her for that.

To kick off my grand return, I've chosen a delicious party dress as the focus of my covetousness:


This beauty, from Ports 1961 (one of my new favorite labels), may be made of lamé, which is so '80s it's not even funny, but the effect here is tasteful and subdued thanks to a jacquard weave, which saves the material from fashion hell, as far as I'm concerned. Plus, the shape of the dress reminds me a bit of Lady Gaga's disco ball dress, except that this is essentially the more accessible--and practical--version. 

If only I had a really good reason to spend that kind of money on a dress, I would snap this one up in a heartbeat!


Image via Nordstrom.

-Cate-

PS It's sale time again! This laptop case is on sale at Bloomingdale's for $54.60. Also at Bloomingdale's is this wallet, on sale for $94.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment