Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bully, Uga, Spike, Handsome Dan, and Lola

Paris Hilton recently informed me that dogs make great accessories.

However, my tastes in dogs differ from Paris's. Some small dogs are absolutely adorable to me. I think pugs are fantastic. And I would be happy to carry a pug around with me, except that if I did I would probably spend all my time cooing over it and telling it how cute it is. This would be bad for my image.

But if we're looking at squishy-faced, wrinkly dogs, let's talk about a dog that's good for anyone's image: the English Bulldog.

These guys are adorable, too. But they're called Bulldogs for a reason. They were originally bred to be ferocious, for the sport of bull baiting. You slap a spiked collar around that sweet wrinkly neck, and you have what looks like a killer on your hands. Why do you think so many colleges and universities have a bulldog for their mascot? Just a few are listed above, along with Lola, my niece, who is only the mascot of my heart.

My brother and his wife have the sweetest, cutest English Bulldog ever. I covet this dog. When I grow up, I want an English Bulldog of my own, one that will high-five and slobber and be adorable and ridiculous looking.

You can't buy these guys on the Internet. Buy from a reputable breeder for however much they charge you, and take care of your new silly-looking domesticated gray wolf.

No comments:

Post a Comment