Sunday, June 6, 2010

All Tied Up

All right, I will admit it: I really wanted to write about another big handbag today. But apparently the Fendi Black Zucchino Shopper with Pink Patent Trim does not exist on the Internet. I didn't even know that it was possible for something not to exist on the Internet until I went searching for this bag, which I saw in the flesh at Saks Fifth Avenue last week (unlike so many of the things about which I write, and in fact, if it hadn't been for the assistance of a very nice Fendi sales associate, I wouldn't have found out the name of that particular bag). Since I can't share that particular one with you, I've decided to go to the opposite extreme and write about a small bag, breaking my four-week tote streak.

As you might suspect (seeing as how I regularly write about handbags), I'm a pretty big fan of PurseBlog, and the ladies there seem to love The Knot clutch from Bottega Veneta. Most of The Knot clutches I could take or leave; they don't move me either way. But one does: the satin version in a very beautiful purple. Perhaps it's because I'm drawn to darker colors and jewel tones, and the combination of that particular color satin with a black knot on top is totally my style. Maybe it's that I'm ready for a sleek, sophisticated clutch, having been carrying totes around for so long. Either way, I can't have it because it's too pricey and too impractical for my lifestyle. But that doesn't stop me from admiring it and wishing I was the kind of girl who had a use for it.


-Cate-

PS You may recall my post about The Art of the Russian Matryoshka. I have since learned, thanks to a post on Lily Lemontree, that the April issue of Harper's Bazaar featured Demi Moore on the cover and her spread inside included a photo of her standing with a group of giant matryoshkas. The slide show is available here; the photo in question is number 5 in the series. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment