Saturday, June 5, 2010

Chucks

You may recall that I recently wrote about baby Chucks. Cute though those shoes may be, they simply do not stack up to the originals: Converse Chuck Taylor All Star High-Tops. Ever since I discovered these in high school (like so many other people), I have worn them, loved them, and maybe even destroyed them a little bit.

As it stands, I am currently the proud owner of 8 pairs: black (2), navy blue, red, mint green, forest green, dark gray corduroy, and my much-loved flaming Chucks (not my picture). My goal is to have an entire rainbow someday; in order to make that happen, I will need yellow, orange, and purple, and perhaps pink and white for good measure. Or I could always pick up another special pair--I know a girl who has a pair with metallic stars, and I've seen plaid versions, as well as many other options.

I usually find myself wearing the blue or the black. My trusty (ex) intern Maureen seemed to favor the classic black ones, as well. Which Chucks do you like the most?

Buy the classic Chucks through Converse for $45.00.

-Cate-

1 comment:

  1. My first pair was actually pink. Crazy, right?

    I wear my black ones most often (actually, I have not worn proper shoes in a long time--I am going to wear these Rainbows until they die or until my feet get cold), but I like my shiny ones more. I want to add to my collection, too. Maybe I'll be able to save up for a red pair and my favorite style of Rainbows at some point.

    I have my own tag! Yay!

    ReplyDelete