Saturday, June 12, 2010

Ornaments for the Feet

The first time I ever saw a pair of Christian Louboutin heels with my own eyes, I was 21 years old and working as a Resident Assistant. I went around for room inspections one night, and a girl who lived in my section had a little too much money to blow. She owned a pair of Guccis, a pair of Diors, and then the Ones: black satin Loubs. And there was mud on the heels. I couldn't believe it. Blasphemy.

Although I can't go around dropping huge dollars on dreamy shoes, unlike certain other people, I might buy the Christian Louboutin Very Prive Platform Pump if I could. Although it's not a slingback, it does have a peep toe. And the red platform adds a nice pop of color. It would be the perfect way to spice up a little black dress or show yourself to be a staunch fashionista even in the most dour of workplaces.

I have actually had honest-to-God, real live Loubs on my feet twice, once last fall (peep-toe slingbacks!) and once last week (the Very Prive, in fact, and all for the sake of reasearch, of course). Both times, I was extremely dismayed to find that they run small in the toe area, making my 9.5/39.5-sized foot wince. (Of course, the fact that they didn't fit right went a long way in preventing me from impulsively blowing a paycheck on them.) But I am determined. I will own own a pair someday!


-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment