Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Juicy Little Touches

My kitchen is really incredibly small. Actually, I think that my bedroom closet is larger. And it consists of a single built-in unit of white enamel. No joke. But I have to say, it's not that bad. The tight space forces me to be conservative in my movements and ambitions. But it could use a little bit of color. 

A friend of mine gave me a shadowbox for Christmas, a street scene of a wine shop. It's cute, and I like it, but it's not nearly bold enough. I want more decoration. And I troll through websites looking for things that might do the job.

Enter the Don't Cry Over Spilt Pears dishtowels from ModCloth. The bright green graphic representations of my second favorite fruit (apples being the first) bring a smile to my face every time. I wish that I could have an apron made out of this same print! That, my friends, would be pear-adise. (All right, it's a cheesy joke. But sometimes, that's exactly the right kind.)


-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment