Friday, June 18, 2010

The Resurgence of Dance

In honor of Kylie Minogue's new album, Aphrodite, which drops on 6 July, I thought I would share with you  a little bit of my love for her. Specifically, I want to talk about "Can't Get You Out of My Head," the lead single off of her fantastic 2002 album Fever.

When Fever was released, Minogue hadn't been big in the states probably since she recorded her cover of "The Locomotion." Like that song, most of the tracks on Fever have a sense of playfulness about them, including the title song. "Can't Get You Out of My Head" forgoes playfulness, though, in favor of a throbbing beat and lots of sexiness. Minogue's crisp, staccato verses and choruses contrast well with the breathy delivery of the bridges. She can't get someone out of her head, and I can't get her out of mine. I simply love this song!

Buy through Amazon for $0.99.

-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment