Friday, July 23, 2010

Extinction Never Stopped Anyone

Cate's schedule and I have given up on each other. When I post, it will be like getting the toy in the Cracker Jack box.

When the toys were good, I mean.

I think everyone can agree on one thing.

Dinosaurs are totally rad. I had a dream last night in which I was still at school and there were dinosaurs running all over the place and it was kind of scary, but they're still cool.

With that out of the way, I'm not going to discuss dinosaur figurines or Jurassic Park. These are excellent examples of how dinosaurs have captured our hearts and minds. A number of xkcd strips, such as this one, demonstrate how dinosaurs instill fear in the hearts of many.

Velociraptors, or perhaps their larger cousins Utahraptors, are scary.

They are also fantastic. I saw a shirt not too long ago that was both terrifying and glorious. It appears to be any normal hoodie shirt bearing the image of a raptor. But then--then--the model hugged himself in fear, perhaps to try to smother the fearsome beast upon his chest. Rather than admit defeat, however, the raptor bared his teeth and let everyone know who was boss.

And the site says that this whole idea was Ross Valory's. So if you like dinosaurs, bassists, or Journey, this might be for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment