Saturday, April 17, 2010

How Far Can I Go In These Shoes? Miles.

Back in the day, circa 1999, I was in middle school, and Jessica Simpson's first single, "I Wanna Love You Forever," had just broken onto the charts. She sounded like Mariah Carey's little sister. And she was totally obnoxious.

It must have been tough for her, trying to make music during the same time that Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera were dominating pop radio. But then again, she didn't help herself much with the whole Newlyweds fiasco later in her career. However, I must give the girl some credit: although her music career hasn't necessarily gone so well, she did the smart thing and branched out into other fields; the one that interests me is fashion.

You see, I adore Jessica Simpson Collection shoes. I admit, some of the styles are a little ridiculous: too high, too strappy, whatever. But outrageous shoes are my specialty. I've mentioned JSC Leve Flats before, but I've never talked about my very favorite shoes ever, JSC Miles.

Peep-toe slingbacks with a cork heel and platform are my preferred style of shoes. I like the pin-up vibe, I suppose. But the Miles wedges? They have everything I want in a shoe. They are glorious, comfortable, and surprisingly easy to jump in (but I won't go into details about how I know that). They are the perfect summer shoe. Although I haven't worn them in awhile, I keep them on prominent display in my bedroom. Originally I bought them to wear to the most important night of my life (so far), and they have served me better than I ever could have imagined.

So, Jessica Simpson, I commend you, and have no fear: I am sure to discuss more of your shoes in the future.

-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment