Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Greatest State

A few months back, I stumbled across a sale of Maya Brenner jewelry somewhere online. It was the first time I had ever encountered Brenner's work. By and large, it is simple, with nice little flourishes here and there, which makes me a fan of many of the pieces.

For the last six years, I've been living away from my home in Michigan, but that state is never far from my mind. So when I saw that Maya Brenner has a line of necklaces with pendants in the shape of states, I knew I wanted one to represent the place where I grew up. Although I have not yet purchased my own, I have definitely chosen the style I want.

All 50 states are available, as well as a "Bi-Coastal" model with an outline of California paired with an apple to signify New York City. Each state comes in 14-karat gold or sterling silver, and you have the option of buying the pendant in either metal with a diamond accent; the diamond can be placed at any point around the inside edge of the state. A 16-inch chain is included.

Personally, I would very much like the sterling silver Michigan model, possibly with a diamond near my hometown. Which state is yours?

Buy through Maya Brenner Designs; prices start at $120.

-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment