Saturday, April 10, 2010

It Must Be the Audrey Hepburn Influence

The last pair of shoes I bought were acquired back in January at Aldo. They are what you might call a little ridiculous. But they are also beautiful and surprisingly comfortable, and I love them. I was also excited to see them used in an advertisement for Buffalo Jeans; I can't seem to find a copy of the ad online, but I can tell you that it appeared in the March 2010 issue of Nylon Magazine, if you're feeling up to a scavenger hunt.

For the moment, I have enough pairs of heels (my best guy friend will never, ever believe that I've said this), but I would very much like to buy a new pair of flats. You see, it's hard work, walking around in 3-inchers every day. And more often than not, my days do not call for fancy shoes. But I'm kind of sick of the flip-flop look (my mom will never, ever believe that I've said this); after all, I like to pretend to be professional on occasion.

My beloved Jessica Simpson Leve flats are still in decent shape; actually, my dad was nice enough to polish them up for me over Easter break, and they look so much better than they did before. I have considered buying a new pair of them, since I really do love them. But I thought that I should at least take a look around before committing.

At Ross the other day, I came across this really cute pair of Sperrys, but they were about half a size too big, and there were no other pairs available. Also, the color doesn't really go with most of my wardrobe. The advantage, however, is that they are a little more preppy, a little more classically American, which is what I'm striving for the most in my clothing choices right now. Tory Burch has taken the shoe world by storm with her line of Reva flats, of course, but they are out of my price range. Two weeks ago, I found a really cute pair of flats at the Nine West outlet, but they rubbed my ankles quite badly. Recently, I've been to DSW, Belk, and TJ Maxx, all to no avail.

So it's looking more and more like I will, indeed, purchase a replacement pair of Leves. Which, ultimately, is really okay with me. Because you can't go wrong with your favorite things.

Buy through Jessica Simpson Collection for $59.00.

-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment