Tuesday, April 20, 2010

No One Could Ever Possibly Have That Many Keys

When I was little, I had a large collection of key chains. I used to link them together and hang them from nails in my bedroom door frame. Some of the more memorable ones were a little Pegasus, a miniature trash can-shaped one that opened for storage, and a leather piece embossed with a butterfly that my brother picked up at a prison gift shop (true story).

I'm still a fan of key chains. Of course, I don't need many of them, but that doesn't keep me from looking. Last summer, Mom and I were in Chicago, and we stopped in at a Coach store, where I bought a patent leather key chain in the shape of a flamingo; I'm a big fan of flamingos in general, so it is pretty much the perfect accessory for me. Over the last couple of months, I've stumbled across several nice silver-tone key chains that are both fashionable and fun.

The first is the Lake Key Ring from Swarovski. This whimsical piece is perfect for summer with its built-in nautical theme and sparkle. Maritime activities never seemed this fun to me before!

The second, from Tiffany & Co., is disarmingly simple: the Open Heart Key Ring by Elsa Peretti. It is a twist on the classic split ring that comes with most key chains but is, ultimately, a miniature work of art.

My final key chain pick is a little punky, a lot classy: the Check Engraved Key Ring from Burberry. Although it is quite busy with all of its appendages, I really appreciate the varied check patterns on it, and I can just imagine how it would glint in the sunlight.

Although each of these key chains is out of my price range, they all bring a smile to my face and remind me of the days when I loved adding on to my key chain collection.

-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment