Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tick Tock

I want a watch.

This summer, I will be starting grad school. So I feel that it would be prudent to have a wristwatch instead of my cell phone, you know, just in case I forget to silence the phone in my first class, my phone dies, et cetera. The problem is, I break watches. Each Christmas for about five years running, during middle and high school, my brother would give me a watch. No fancy timepieces here--just the standard kind that could be had at Target or Meijer. The reason he had to keep buying them for me was that I had a really vicious habit of breaking the faces. This was never intentional on my part; I'm just clumsy. So eventually he stopped, and I haven't had a watch at least since I started college in 2004, if not before that.

It's time for a new one.

The question becomes, how much am I willing to spend, given my history? I'm torn between buying something really nice--i.e. metal, designer--that will survive at least for the duration of my two-and-a-half years in school and getting some cheapo plastic digital job. But at this point, I have pretty much decided on a metal watch. In fact, I've even narrowed it down to three.

1) Guess U10055L1

The advantages: Cute crystal accents plus markings at every minute, as well as dials indicating day of the week, day of the month, and hour in the military (24-hour) style.


2) Kenneth Cole New York KC 4650

The advantages: An uncluttered face with crystal accents plus markings at every minute, as well as a nice, slim watch band.


3) Michael Kors MK 5070

The advantages: A completely streamlined face design with markings at every minute as well as a dial indicating the day of the month.


Each appeals to me because of the color (I'm crazy about silver) and would coordinate well with most of my clothes. I'm leaning toward the Michael Kors, but the Kenneth Cole is growing on me, too. So, dear reader, I ask you: which watch would you recommend for me?

-Cate-

1 comment:

  1. The Michael Kors MK 5070 followed by the Guess U10055L1. That's my vote.

    ReplyDelete