Friday, April 30, 2010

Oooh, You'll Love the--Baby Insane?

I'm a big fan of David Bowie. His music is wonderful--occasionally transcendent and always fascinating. I've seen him in concert, an experience that I highly recommend. And I recently wrote a review of Bowie, a biography of the man by music journalist and historian Marc Spitz.

A few weeks ago, I found out that my brother is having a baby. Well, not my brother--actually his wife, although it could be cool to watch him try to give birth. Of course, I immediately went out and bought some books for this baby, whose gender is still indeterminate. I also started searching online for cute baby clothes that I might be able to purchase once my brother knows if he will be the proud new father of a boy or a girl.

And I discovered a really fantastic thing: the Aladdin Sane shirt, a pink t-shirt with white long sleeves which is emblazoned with artwork from the cover of Bowie's 1973 album. It is available in sizes for babies from newborn to 24 months. I cannot wait to get one.

Luckily, both my brother and my sister-in-law like Bowie, too; in fact, it was my brother who took me to that Bowie concert, and his wife accompanied us. While I do not expect that they will be radical parents, I do think that they would get a kick out of such a fashion statement. Of course, the color would probably limit my options--if they have a girl, great; otherwise, they may not appreciate the gender-bending that comes with a little boy wearing pink. So please, please, please let it be a girl, because I would love to be able to start her off with the right musical influences.

Buy through The Retro Baby for $25.95.

-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment