Saturday, October 30, 2010

Autumn Leather

So, I've been reviewing these Halloween posts from the past two weeks, and it occurs to me that, for the most part, I've been sharing some pretty practical things with you. Well, maybe not the Gothic Zombie Girl, but then again, that probably depends on your personality and fashion aesthetic. But forget all that for a minute and feast your eyes on these:


These shoes--the Joy Huarache Sling from Frye--isn't necessarily IMPRACTICAL, but I wouldn't call them practical, either. They're a great orange for Halloween and fall in general, and the wooden platform and heel lend a certain earthiness to them, as well. However, the open weave negates the possibility of wearing these in colder climates, unless you pair them with tights. And while I probably would not wear these myself, I do appreciate the details and feel that Frye's products have gotten better and better over the last couple of years. The company has a storied history, also, so anything from their workshop would be a good investment.

What do you think of these? Would you wear them out to a Halloween cocktail party?

Buy through Zappos for $124.00.

Image via Zappos.

-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment