Sunday, October 17, 2010

Buckets of Fun

Halloween is my favorite holiday, and so in the run-up to the 31st, I'll be sharing with you some absolutely bewitching wares, starting with that most essential of Halloween accessories, the trick-or-treat bag.

When I was growing up, my mother would send us out with pillowcases for collecting candy; our neighborhood was reasonably well-stocked with festive houses, and both my brother and I usually came back with quite a haul. Nowadays, since I don't trick-or-treat anymore but still want to be festive, I'm partial to the classic pumpkin bucket. For those of you who don't like the bright, molded orange plastic, Victorian Trading Company offers a retro twist using tin pails:


They're offered as a set, and I like both of them. On the left, you have a pumpkin boy and girl, which retains the pumpkin bucket aesthetic in a fun way. On the right, you have a cheerful black cat, one of the classic symbols of Halloween, who is reminiscent of everyone's favorite wall clock.

Which type of bucket do you prefer?


-Cate-

No comments:

Post a Comment